Reaction is looking for a passionate and motivated Web Developer to join our super-awesome team (being super-awesome is a requirement).
As a Web Developer, you’ll work closely with a team of professionals to build and maintain quality websites and web applications. You’ll collaborate with multiple disciplines, including strategy, content, design, and development to solve real problems and make things happen for our clients
You will be a part of all aspects of the development lifecycle, from the initial specification through to developing, testing, deployment, ongoing maintenance, and support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write clean, efficient, and well documented code to develop everything from WordPress websites to scalable web applications
- Participate in all phases of a project’s development lifecycle
- Assist with project scoping, planning, and establishing functional requirements
- Create and maintain detailed project documentation
- Participate in troubleshooting, debugging, QA, unit testing, and code reviews
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of developers, designers, writers, strategists, and project managers
- Provide training and support to internal teams and clients
- Follow industry best practices and internal code standards
- Stay plugged into emerging tools, technologies, and industry trends
The person we are looking for will have…
- Proven work experience as a back end developer in a professional setting for at least 3 years
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process
- Solid understanding of local development and version control
- Experience working with open source CMS’s like WordPress, Joomla!, Magento, etc.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work, learn, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude
- A no compromise attitude when it comes to performance and quality
- PASSION! You live and breathe technology, experiment at home (and work), and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others
Bonus points for experience with
- Experience building web applications with Laravel
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, SES, EFS, S3, ELB)
- A good design sense
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
We’re looking for somebody who is excited about the endless potential of the web, and being able to work on things that will be seen by literally millions of people. Because the web is rapidly changing with developing technology and consumer demands, you’ll need to be passionate about your work and have a desire to continually expand your knowledge and skill-set. We want you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with the latest tools, trends, and techniques.
But we’re only looking for truly awesome people to our join team, so your personality is just as important to us as your experience and qualifications.
Awesome people don’t just know their shit… they also have a great attitude, believe in ideas over egos, and won’t settle for good enough. They are looking to be part of a team where they can truly make a positive impact through the work they do, while being challenged to grow and become a better version of themselves.
We know that awesome people can get a job anywhere and they take the time to research the companies they’re considering working for. They go the extra mile in searching for the right position because they’re looking for more than a job… hell they’re looking for more than a career… they’re looking for a place to find solace with like-minded, hard working, talented, and equally awesome individuals.
Apply if you
- Love to craft great websites and web applications
- Want to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Have high standards and are opinionated about what defines quality work
- Care about writing clean, efficient, and standard compliant code
- Enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
- Are looking for a company that values training and skill development
This is a full-time position working from our office in downtown Red Deer, Alberta.
This position has a salary range of $45,000 – $60,000 per year based on experience and qualifications, plus a number of additional benefits.
How To Apply
Please fill out the form below, attach your resume, cover letter, and include a link to your portfolio. Make sure to tell us what makes you the right fit for Reaction.
Working at Reaction
Work hard. Have fun. Be awesome.
We are team of passionate designers, developers writers, strategists, thinkers and doers who have found solace in a place that bring together those with shared culture, values and purpose.
We have a casual atmosphere and always try to keep things fun – but we’re also really serious about what we do and work hard to make sure we are super proud of every project we put our name on.
That’s us in a nutshell. Work hard. Have fun. Be awesome.
- Competitive salary based on your experience and performance
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC workstation
- Flexible work schedule
- Cutting edge technology and tools
- Access to a ProDev fund to keep your skills sharp
- Awesome co-workers
- Collaborative, team driven environment
- Casual, creative atmosphere
- Regular company funded social events
- Unlimited coffee and a fully stocked beverage fridge