As a Front End Developer, you’ll work closely with a team of pros to build and maintain quality websites and web applications for a variety of well-known companies and organizations. You’ll collaborate with multiple disciplines, including strategy, content, design, and other developers to create things that make a real difference for our clients… and you’ll be proud to show off.
Digital marketing & website development is an industry that’s rapidly changing and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about their work, loves sharing with others, and has a desire to continually expand their knowledge and skill-set.
This job isn’t aimed at a person with a particular level of experience and we can tailor the role (to a certain extent) based on your background and skill set, but expect to grow! You’re going to learn a lot working with us, and we hope to learn just as much from you (because you’re passionate about keeping up on the industry, right?).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Front End Development
- Setup, create and edit custom WordPress themes and sites
- Contribute to the overall design, layout, and user experience of the sites you are working on
- Make design, content, and functionality updates to existing websites
- Follow our internal code and development standards, along with keeping up-to-date with the latest industry best practices
- Provide general website, CMS, and hosting support to our clients
- Create training documentation and resources
- Participate in troubleshooting, debugging, quality assurance, unit testing, and code reviews
Team & Project Collaboration
- Work with team members to create high-quality projects for our clients
- Assist with project scoping, planning, and establishing functional requirements
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A strong knowledge of:
- Responsive Web Design
- Local development using GIT, GitHub, and Gulp
- The Bootstrap framework
- Basic understanding of PHP
- A passionate affinity for quality design and great user experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of current browser landscapes, and the ability to debug and fix cross-browser issues
- A problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A diploma or degree in visual design, new media, web development or equivalent from a reputable post-secondary institution
- A diploma or degree from YouTube and StackOverflow, combined with enough experience to prove that you’re legit
- Knowledge and practical experience designing responsive websites for devices of all shapes and sizes
- Portfolio of previous projects
Bonus Points if you have
- Previous experience in an equivalent role
- Detailed understanding of project life cycles for websites and web apps
- Previous agency experience
- Knowledge of Hosting, Domains, DNS, etc
- Experience with frameworks like Laravel/Node/Angular/Vue/Etc.
- Experience with other open source CMS’s, like Joomla, Drupal, Magento, etc.
This is a full-time position working from our office in Downtown Red Deer, Alberta.
This position has a salary range of $35,000 – $55,000 per year based on experience and qualifications, plus a number of additional benefits.
Working at Reaction
Work hard. Have fun. Be awesome.
We are team of passionate designers, developers writers, strategists, thinkers and doers who have found solace in a place that bring together those with shared culture, values and purpose.
We have a casual atmosphere and always try to keep things fun – but we’re also really serious about what we do and work hard to make sure we are super proud of every project we put our name on.
That’s us in a nutshell. Work hard. Have fun. Be awesome.
- Competitive salary based on your experience and performance
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC workstation
- Flexible work schedule
- Cutting edge technology and tools
- Access to a ProDev fund to keep your skills sharp
- Awesome co-workers
- Collaborative, team driven environment
- Casual, creative atmosphere
- Regular company funded social events
- Unlimited coffee and a fully stocked beverage fridge