Reaction is looking for an awesome individual who is passionate about design to craft brands and online experiences for our company and our clients. A Designer at Reaction works collaboratively with content, strategy, and development team members to help bring the collective vision of our projects to life.
As our Designer, you’ll play a key role in defining how the projects we produce will look, feel, and function. You’ll contribute a visual sensibility that ensures every project supports our belief that design is a means for driving marketing and business success.
This is a hands-on role that requires experience in design for web and print, and a hunger to stay on top of the latest tools, trends, and techniques. You’ll be responsible for expressing and communicating your design vision to the team to ensure your vision for a brand, website, or digital project becomes a beautiful and engaging reality.
Ultimately, you’ll be working on everything from logos and visual identity projects to wireframes and website mockups, as well as a variety of other print, digital, and social marketing projects. The wide range of projects and mediums will be sure to keep you creatively challenged, constantly learning, and excited to come into work every day!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Graphic & Digital Design
- Translate project objectives into beautiful, high-quality, production-ready visual designs that align with our clients’ business and marketing objectives
- Iterate designs based on feedback from your peers and our clients
- Follow (and sometimes break!) brand standards
- Ensure accuracy of all design proofs, including formatting, layout, messaging and purpose
- Use research gathered by the strategy team to create compelling brands and visual identities.
- Pitch your work to your coworkers and our clients
- Create and document brand standards
- Produce wireframe layouts and front end website design mockups
- Create storyboards, user/process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, and UX prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas
Team & Project Collaboration
- Contribute to project kickoffs and working sessions
- Present your work and defend key design decisions to your peers and our clients
- Collaborate with other designers, copywriters, strategists, and web developers to guide design projects through the creative process, from concept to final approval
As A Member Of The Reaction Team, Everyone Is Expected To...
- Exemplify the Reaction experience through day to day actions
- Act as company advocate and embody Reaction’s Core Values: Passion, Positivity, Integrity, Creativity, Collaboration, and Growth.
- Format all internal documents according to Reaction’s brand standards
- Demonstrate incredible attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned to ensure that the client receives excellence in service and quality, remaining within the predetermined scope and timelines set for a particular project
- Be able to manage multiple projects and maintain tight timelines, often working around strict, and sometimes sudden deadlines
- Stay on top of trends, tools, and best practices
- Demonstrates creative, dynamic, flexible approaches to problems and resolves issues in a timely and professional manner
- Log your time spent on tasks in our project management software
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Clearly understand and articulate design requirements
- Excellent visual & verbal communication skills
- Mastered Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- A strong aptitude for brainstorming, concept development, visual communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate design requirements
- Creativity, originality, and an eye for detail
- Uphold and work to continually improve our internal design standards and processes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A diploma or degree in visual design, new media, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in an equivalent role, preferably in an agency environment
- A portfolio that showcases great branding, print, and digital design work
- An understanding of user experience design principles and processes
- Experience working in a team environment and balancing multiple projects
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with Sketch
This is a full-time position working from our office in Downtown Red Deer, Alberta.
This position has a salary range of $45,000 – $60,000 per year based on experience and qualifications, plus a number of additional benefits.
Working at Reaction
Work hard. Have fun. Be awesome.
We are team of passionate designers, developers writers, strategists, thinkers and doers who have found solace in a place that bring together those with shared culture, values and purpose.
We have a casual atmosphere and always try to keep things fun – but we’re also really serious about what we do and work hard to make sure we are super proud of every project we put our name on.
That’s us in a nutshell. Work hard. Have fun. Be awesome.
- Competitive salary based on your experience and performance
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC workstation
- Flexible work schedule
- Cutting edge technology and tools
- Access to a ProDev fund to keep your skills sharp
- Awesome co-workers
- Collaborative, team driven environment
- Casual, creative atmosphere
- Regular company funded social events
- Unlimited coffee and a fully stocked beverage fridge