February 2, 2021
Video | New Google Analytics 4 & What We Know So Far
Google Analytics 4 is here. So far, we like what we see.
Universal Analytics has been our data friend for years, but it’s time for out with the old and in with the new!
Google’s latest Analytics platform is here, and this is what we know so far:
In Google Analytics 4, everything has been reimagined
- The product/platform is based around machine-learning powered insights
- New automated insights will hopefully turn into automated recommendations, as you see in Google Ads
Analytics are more centered around your customers’ digital journey
- Improvements to cross-platform and cross-device reporting
- Making it easier to dig into data without so many custom segments and cross-dimensional analysis
Google Analytics 4 is being built for the long term
- End-user privacy is top of mind for Google
- Better ad personalization and data controls
- Constant improvements for overall reporting
Google is still rolling out features, and most likely, their development team will take a growth-driven approach to make constant improvements over time.
Getting started with Google Analytics has always been free. All you need is an email address from Google and a developer to add a snippet of code to your website.